Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day trip to the abode of clouds: Dawki and Jowai, Meghalaya

My first post! 
To set the tone of this blog, I will share a recent solo ride to Dawki and Jowai in Meghalaya.
The previous day, a Saturday, was spent in carrying minor maintenance works on my bull. The silencer gasket was replaced and the bassy thump was back, egging me to go for a ride. And ride I did..

Dawki is a small town in Meghalaya bordering Bangladesh and is around 190 kms from Guwahati. Jowai is around 56 kms from Dawki and is located in Jaintia Hills District of the state. 
Information overload alert!! some pics to the rescue:

Somewhere on the Shillong Dawki road:


Thats me :P 

The British era iron bridge over Umngot river, Dawki:


Umngot river:


This is between Dawki and Jowai. Check out the greenery.



A new Jowai Bypass has been recently opened. Its heavenly cruising here:


Well, nothing is complete without good food. Some nice drumsticks of heaven and pork roll in a restaurant on the outskirts of Shillong.



Well, with that my ride came to an end. A day trip covering some 400 odd kms. A Sunday well spent :).
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment